Wolves given Patrick Cutrone boost as Liverpool star heads for exit and Manchester United learn Paul Pogba update – Premier League rumours
AC Milan boss Marco Giampaolo does not see Wolverhampton Wanderers target Patrick Cutrone as part of his plans, according to reports in Italy.
The 21-year-old was developed through the academy at the San Siro, before making his debut in 2017.
After a rip roaring start to life in the senior team, Cutrone struggled last term, scoring only three times in Serie A and falling behind Krzysztof Piątek in the pecking order.
Giampaolo is now looking to evolve his attacking options with a number of incomings and outgoings forecasted.
Wolves are believed to be in ‘advanced talks’ with the Italy international over a proposed move to Molienux, with a reported fee of around €22m mooted.
Wolves to make defender bid?
Wolverhampton Wanderers have been surprisingly quiet in the transfer window.
After bringing in international stars like Joao Moutinho, Rui Patricio and Raul Jimenez last summer, many expected a similar spree this time around.
But with the exception of making Jimenez and Leander Dendoncker’s loan moves permanent, Wolves have made no further additions to the senior squad.
Wolves boss Nuno Espirito Santo is believed to be in the market for a central defender to add extra options at Molienux.
One player that has been touted for a move to Molineux is Olympiacos defender Pape Abou Cisse. The 23-year-old has been linked with a move to the Premier League, with both Wolves and Arsenal said to be keen.
Reports in Greece last week claimed that the Greek giants had rejected a bid from Nuno’s men, believed to be in the region of €10m.
In for Rafael Leao?
Wolverhampton Wanderers are interested in bringing Lille striker Rafael Leao to Molineux, according to reports in Portugal.
Nuno Espirito Santo is in the market for a forward, with little depth behind first choice pairing Raul Jimenez and Diogo Jota.
A whole host of strikers have been linked with a switch to Wolves, including AC Milan‘s Patrick Cutrone, who the club are said to be in ‘advanced talks’ with.
And Leao is reportedly the latest striker piquing Wolves’ interest. The 20-year-old has only been with the French club for one season after, along with Rui Patricio, he left Sporting following a training ground attack.
Aston Villa and Everton have been linked with Leao, who scored eight goals in the French top division last term.
Here’s a selection of articles from our Wolves writer Alex Dicken:
Wolves transfer agreement has been terminated – READ
Who is Raphael Nya? Inside track on Wolves’ new boy – READ
Jorge Mendes helps Wolves strike unlikely ‘alliance’ – READ
How Wolves could look if they sign their ‘targets’ – READ
Where Wolves stand on signing English players – READ
How Wolves can line up in Europa League opener – READ
From around the Premier League…
Real play Pogba waiting game
Real Madrid have hatched a new plan to sign Paul Pogba – being patient.
But the Old Trafford club’s response has been to slap a huge £180million price tag on the French World Cup winner.
Real were initially thought to be desperate to complete the move before August 8 – deadline day in England.
That would have given United time to sign a replacement rather than shut up shop before the La Liga deadline on September 2.
But according to Madrid-based newspaper AS, Real no longer feel the need to rush and are willing to wait until late in the window.
Real are prepared to pay £130m for Pogba, significantly below United’s valuation.
United’s Neymar answer
Paris Saint-Germain were initially adamant the forward, who they paid a world-record £198m for back in 2017, was not going anywhere in the summer transfer window.
Bayern’s Sane offer ‘rejected’
Manchester City have reportedly been offered Bayern Munich left-back David Alaba.
The German giants are willing to let the Austrian leave this summer if they can use him in a part-exchange deal.
According to Spanish newspaper Mundo Deportivo, Alaba was offered to City as part of a deal that would see Leroy Sane return to Germany.
But the Premier League champions have no intention of selling Sane and refused the offer, despite Benjamin Mendy being set to miss the opening month of the new season.
One out at Liverpool?
Nathaniel Clyne is being targeted by Crystal Palace, according to the Daily Mail.
The source claims the Eagles have been speaking to Liverpool about a possible move.
Clyne, 28, began his career at Palace and would replace Aaron Wan-Bissaka who left to join Manchester United.