Two stars set to join Aston Villa as Manchester United give Neymar answer and Liverpool man heads for exit – Premier League rumours
Latest reports suggest a deal for Trezeguet to join Villa from Turkish club Kasimpasa is edging ever closer with the two clubs now said to have settled on a fee of around £8.5million.
Head coach Dean Smith and sporting director Jesus Garcia Pitarch recently jetted out to Egypt to watch Trezeguet in action for his country at the Africa Cup of Nations.
Smith is said to have been impressed by the 24-year-old and Villa have moved to push through a move ahead of the new Premier League season.
Trezeguet is now set to fly in for a medical and could be confirmed as Villa’s ninth summer signing in the next couple of days.
Villa fans will love this five-word verdict on Wesley – READ
Villa are also hoping to wrap up the £15million signing of Manchester City‘s Brazilian midfielder Douglas Luiz in the coming days.
Douglas jetted out to the United States for the talks with Villa before returning to the UK last week. He’s been working with a personal trainer over the last few days in order to stay in shape.
Smith is hoping Douglas can slot into Villa’s midfield alongside Jack Grealish and John McGinn. Douglas’ move won’t be confirmed until international clearance and a work permit has been granted.
Another rival for Rafael Leao
Wolverhampton Wanderers are interested in bringing Lille striker Rafael Leao to Molineux, according to reports in Portugal.
Nuno Espirito Santo is in the market for a forward, with little depth behind first choice pairing Raul Jimenez and Diogo Jota.
A whole host of strikers have been linked with a switch to Wolves, including AC Milan‘s Patrick Cutrone, who the club are said to be in ‘advanced talks’ with.
And Leao is reportedly the latest striker piquing Wolves’ interest. The 20-year-old has only been with the French club for one season after, along with Rui Patricio, he left Sporting following a training ground attack.
Aston Villa and Everton have been linked with Leao, who scored eight goals in the French top division last term.
This is your round up of all things Villa; the one-stop shop that will keep you updated on the latest goings on at Villa Park and beyond.
Transfers, injuries, match-days and managers, we’ve got you covered.
We’ll be bringing the very latest on the Lions throughout week and around the clock.
Make sure you keep yourself updated with our handy daily catch up…
From around the Premier League…
Real play Pogba waiting game
Real Madrid have hatched a new plan to sign Paul Pogba – being patient.
But the Old Trafford club’s response has been to slap a huge £180million price tag on the French World Cup winner.
Real were initially thought to be desperate to complete the move before August 8 – deadline day in England.
That would have given United time to sign a replacement rather than shut up shop before the La Liga deadline on September 2.
But according to Madrid-based newspaper AS, Real no longer feel the need to rush and are willing to wait until late in the window.
Real are prepared to pay £130m for Pogba, significantly below United’s valuation.
United’s Neymar answer
Paris Saint-Germain were initially adamant the forward, who they paid a world-record £198m for back in 2017, was not going anywhere in the summer transfer window.
Bayern’s Sane offer ‘rejected’
Manchester City have reportedly been offered Bayern Munich left-back David Alaba.
The German giants are willing to let the Austrian leave this summer if they can use him in a part-exchange deal.
According to Spanish newspaper Mundo Deportivo, Alaba was offered to City as part of a deal that would see Leroy Sane return to Germany.
But the Premier League champions have no intention of selling Sane and refused the offer, despite Benjamin Mendy being set to miss the opening month of the new season.
One out at Liverpool?
Nathaniel Clyne is being targeted by Crystal Palace, according to the Daily Mail.
The source claims the Eagles have been speaking to Liverpool about a possible move.
Clyne, 28, began his career at Palace and would replace Aaron Wan-Bissaka who left to join Manchester United.