Arsenal close to confirming second summer transfer as Unai Emery boosts attacking options | Football | Sport
The 23-year-old has been linked with a move to the Emirates Stadium since he impressed during the Copa America.
The player has confirmed that there is an offer on the table for him, despite Gremio denying that there have been any bids.
Everton also said that he may not be playing in the Copa do Brasil quarter-final match against Bahia on Wednesday (July 17).
“I do not know. It’s an unknown,” he said after Gremio’s match against Vasco on Saturday (July 13).
“Really. I do not know what can happen. As time goes by, things are tapering.
“I have a proposal. I cannot talk to the club.
“I do not guarantee that I will play against Bahia on Wednesday, we will see.”
Arsenal’s technical director, Edu, has been keen on signing the youngster, and has become even more interested over the past month.
Everton is Gremio’s top goalscorer this season, having scored 10 goals in 28 appearances.
He tends to operate on the left side of a front three, and he’s featured four times for the Brazilian national team.
Everton still has three years left on his current deal at Gremio, while Manchester United, Atletico Madrid and Bayern Munich are also interested in sealing his signature.
The Gunners have made a fresh £25m bid for the Scotland international, matching the asking price set by the Hoops.
Emery has only signed Gabriel Martinelli from Ituano this summer so far, although more deals are likely to be completed.
He’ll have to spend wisely, however, as it’s believed his transfer budget is smaller than expected.