Barcelona transfer news LIVE: Done deal announcement, Neymar request ignored, Man Utd talk | Football | Sport
Thursday, June 27
- Barcelona have announced the signing of Brazil international goalkeeper Neto
- Neymar wants to join Barcelona… but the Catalan giants aren’t interested in signing him!
- Manchester United contacted Barcelona over a potential deal for defender Samuel Umtiti
- The Red Devils were given a firm no when they initially enquired about Umtiti’s availability
That’s the claim of Spanish publication Sport.
Barca have apparently already sent two offers to PSG, both including cash and players.
The first offer included £89m and three Barca players – Ivan Rakitic, Dembele and Samuel Umtiti – and the second was the same cash sum but with Coutinho included instead of the trio of stars.
Now, PSG have reportedly demanded both Coutinho and Dembele in a deal for the Brazilian forward.
Done Deal – Neto signs
The 29-year-old, who has a single senior cap, has signed a four-year deal at the Nou Camp after the clubs agreed a fee of £23million – with another £8m in add-ons.
Dutch goalkeeper Jasper Cillesen moved the other way earlier in the week and Neto will now provide cover for Barca’s first-choice Marc-Andre ter Stegen.
That’s according to Barcelona vice-president Jordi Cardoner, who says the club are not “concerned about his signature.”
“The subject is not on the table. I did not like a lot when he left. We did not sign anyone, we did not keep in touch with him.”
Samuel Umtiti swoop
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is desperate to bolster his defensive ranks and the Daily Star claim Leicester have priced him out of a move for £100m-rated Harry Maguire.
Now, Spanish newspaper Mundo Deportivo claim the Red Devils have also shown interest in Umtiti, 25.
It’s said Barcelona will possibly consider selling the French international IF they snare the services of Matthijs de Ligt.
However, United were given a firm no when they initially enquired about Umtiti’s availability.