Real Madrid: Marcos Llorente: The latest player to move from Real Madrid to Atletico Madrid
Real Madrid Eleven players have made the switch
Marcos Llorente‘s move from Real Madrid to Atletico Madrid is complete, with the midfielder joining Los Rojiblancos for 40 million euros.
The 24-year-old had been told that he would not be counted on for next season under Zinedine Zidane.
Diego Simeone earmarked him as the perfect replacement for Rodri Hernandez, who looks to be heading for the door after confirming his intention to leave the Wanda Metropolitano.
Llorente is not the first player to make the switch from Real Madrid to Atletico, and he will probably not be the last either.
1. Jose Maria Cabo Puig – Goalkeeper. He was the first player to move from Real Madrid to Atletico Madrid, with it coming during the 1929/30 season. He spent one season at Madrid before playing for Atletico for one season as well.
2. Gaspar Rubio Melia – Striker. He was the top goal scorer for Real Madrid in the first official LaLiga Santander season. He made the switch to his bitter rivals in the 1932/33 campaign.
3. Manuel Fernandez Valderrama – Central Midfielder. He moved alongside Gaspar Rubio in 1932. He was at Real Madrid on two occasions before deciding to change allegiances and move to the red-and-white side of Madrid.
4. Eduardo Ordonez Munguira – Central Midfielder. He played for Atletico Madrid on two different occasions, firstly between 1927 and 1931 and secondly between 1933 and 1935. He moved to Real Madrid in 1932 for one season before going back to Atletico.
5. Jaime Lazcano – Striker. He spent the large majority of his career at Real Madrid from 1928 until 1935 before deciding to move to Atletico Madrid, playing 11 times before retiring at the end of the season.
6. Pablo Olmedo Garmendia – Central Midfielder. He played for Real Madrid, Celta Vigo and Atletico Madrid. He left Madrid for Atletico in 1949, where he only stayed for one season before returning.
7. Bernd Schuster – Central Midfielder. After playing for Real Madrid for two seasons, the German had no qualms about making the switch and joined Atletico in 1990.
8. Sebastian Losada – Striker. He made his debut for Real Madrid in 1984 but did not cement a first-team place until 1988. He joined Atletico Madrid in 1991, where he played for one season.
9. Juan Eduardo Esnaider – Striker. He played for Madrid for one season before Atletico signed him in 1995, where he went on to score 21 goals.
10. Jose Manuel Jurado – Central Midfielder. He started his career at Real Madrid and made his debut in 2005. He moved to Atletico in 2006 and spent two seasons at the club.